Developed in the summer of 2020, East End Vend was created in response to cancellations of annual craft shows due to the pandemic. The markets allowed the public to reconnect with our local maker community and made it possible to offer smaller, lower-cost, less formal outdoor markets. They continued through the summer of 2023 as a new income opportunity offered in addition to our traditional programming.
Maine Crafts Association and Shop Maine Craft are continuing to adapt, both to better support the needs of artists in an ever-changing economy and to nurture our connections to collectors and supporters of Maine craft. East End Vend markets will not continue in their current model. However, we recognize the positive impact the markets have had on our community of makers and we will be working to develop new programming that will reflect these positive aspects.
Please stay tuned for future announcements by following us on social media (facebook & instagram) and sign up for the Shop Maine Craft newsletter!
2022 East End Vend is presented by:
2023 Applications are closed.
Vendor application + registration:
For the 2023 market season, to apply, vendors will fill out an easy application form. The markets will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis.
STEPS TO APPLY- New for 2023!
STEP 1: Read all the rules and guidelines in the Market Information Packet.
STEP 2: Fill out the application form (link to apply on the Information Packet).
- Prospective vendors should select the booth size and all market dates they wish to participate at. Market staff will follow up within one week of applying to confirm your acceptance into the markets.
- Markets will fill on a first come first serve basis, but registration will remain open until the market date is full and waitlists will be created thereafter.
- Use high-resolution images on your application. Please note! These will be used for marketing purposes if accepted to the market.
- Some locations allow for both 10 x 10 booth spaces or 10 x 5 booth spaces. You will have your choice of the following for each market.
- 10 x 10 ft Booth
- 10 x 5 ft Booth
- I can participate with either a 10 x 10 ft booth or a 10 x 5 ft booth.
STEP 3: Market staff will follow up with an invoice and a required liability waiver for you to sign. Your registration is not complete until your invoice has been paid AND your waiver has been signed.