EAST END VEND
East End Vend is a fun, festive, community-oriented, outdoor makers market in Portland, Maine. Created to connect artists directly with the public in a pleasant, accessible environment, visitors will find handmade craft objects, art, prints, specialty foods, and other Maine-made goods at these events. Makers display their work in an outdoor Farmer’s Market-style setting with small tables and other creative displays. Markets are four hours long, held on multiple dates, in various locations around the city of Portland, and are open to both MCA members and non-members to participate.
East End Vend was developed in the summer of 2020 in response to the pandemic. Most craft shows were canceled, yet, as folks began to adapt to social distancing it became possible to offer these smaller, lower-cost, less formal markets outdoors. The market provides emerging and established artists with an easy way to set up and sell to customers in a fun market setting.
Vendor application + registration: NOW OPEN!
For the 2023 market season, to apply, vendors will fill out an easy application form. The markets will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis.
STEPS TO APPLY- New for 2023!
STEP 1: Read all the rules and guidelines in the Market Information Packet.
STEP 2: Fill out the application form (link to apply on the Information Packet).
- Prospective vendors should select the booth size and all market dates they wish to participate at. Market staff will follow up within one week of applying to confirm your acceptance into the markets.
- Markets will fill on a first come first serve basis, but registration will remain open until the market date is full and waitlists will be created thereafter.
- Use high-resolution images on your application. Please note! These will be used for marketing purposes if accepted to the market.
- Some locations allow for both 10 x 10 booth spaces or 10 x 5 booth spaces. You will have your choice of the following for each market.
- 10 x 10 ft Booth
- 10 x 5 ft Booth
- I can participate with either a 10 x 10 ft booth or a 10 x 5 ft booth.
STEP 3: Market staff will follow up with an invoice and a required liability waiver for you to sign. Your registration is not complete until your invoice has been paid AND your waiver has been signed.