APPLICATION DETAILS: 2024 PORTLAND FINE CRAFT SHOW
The Portland Fine Craft Show is an outdoor, one-day show featuring 100+ juried exhibitors from Maine and the greater Northeast exhibiting fine craft in the following media categories: basketry, ceramics, fiber-decorative, fiber-wearable, furniture, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, paper, printmaking, stone and wood, as well as outreach booths featuring New England and Portland arts organizations, international artists new to Maine, guilds and schools by special invitation, and sponsor booths.
The Portland Fine Craft Show remains one of the only Maine craft shows open to artists not living in Maine, and has a reputation for being well-organized and of high quality, with high attendance
When: Saturday, August 24, 2024, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, rain or shine
Where: Free Street Parking Lot at 120 Free Street, Portland, ME, 04101
What: Fine Craft Show featuring over 100 vendors in 10×10 tents selling handmade craft work
Application Dates: Nov 7, 2023 – Jan 31, 2024
Application Fee: MCA Members $30 ┃ Non-members $35
Late Application Dates: Feb 1, 2024 – Feb 15, 2024
Late Application Fee: MCA Members & Non-members $50
Applicants apply via Juried Art Services.
Applicants need to provide:
- Four quality images representing the work that will be exhibited.
- One booth shot image.
- A one paragraph statement. The statement should include information about the artist’s career, experience, or technical skill used to create the submitted artwork.
Notification Date: The jury will occur at the end of February and applicants will be notified of their status on March 1, 2024.
- Free exhibitor listing included on the 7000+ copies of the Show Guide with show map distributed by West End News prior to, and during, show.
- Listing in online Exhibitors Directory
- Social media promotion by Shop Maine Craft
- Show marketing promotional materials provided
- Exhibitor lunches provided and delivered to booths
- Water cart refill delivery and refill stations
- Volunteer booth sitters
- Professional Show Producer with staff available daily for assistance
- Pre-show and day-of-show advertising opportunities for exhibitors
- Online exhibitors’ guide available to exhibitors upon show acceptance, providing all show details pertaining to exhibitor opportunities, deadlines and requirements.
- Awards for Best Booth Design, Best of Show, and People’s Choice
ACCEPTED FINE CRAFT MEDIA
- Fiber Decorative + Wearable
- Mixed Media
- Printmaking (Handmade prints made using traditional analog techniques only) *please see the media/products not accepted for jury list *
* Contact Simonne@ShopMaineCraft.com if you have any questions about accepted or not accepted media*
MEDIA/PRODUCTS NOT ACCEPTED
- Commercial manufactured art.
- Work assembled (wholly or in part) from commercially available kits.
- Two-dimensional art such as paintings and photographs. The only exception to this exclusion are original handmade prints made using traditional analog techniques. Any digital or reproduction prints such as giclee are not allowed.
- Production work by third-party printers, commercially printed items or embellished commercially made objects such as t-shirts, note cards etc.
- Mixed media work that uses paint and canvas as its primary medium.
- Commercially screen printed material, commercial etchings, web or sheet fed offset printed work.
- Works that use materials acquired from the killing of endangered species, elephant/mammoth ivory, including fossilized ivory.
- Dried or silk flower arrangements.
- Soaps, personal care, candles.
- Specialty foods.
- Buy-sell items.
- CDs, DVDs, Books
MCA Members rate for 10×10 in-line booth: $215.00
Non-Member rate for 10×10 in-line booth: $245.00
- Exhibitors receive their booth assignments in early summer
- EZ-up (or equivalent) tents are required
- Tent weights required, 40lbs per corner
- 10ft x 10ft spaces
- Double or triple booths, and prime/corner booths are available
- No electricity or WIFI available